Thursday, April 1, 2010

Rainy Days

I should be too embarrassed to admit this but I have spent the last 3 hours shopping online for a raincoat and rain boots for Liv. Like most toddlers, she loves to jump around and splash in the puddles but I really don't want her ruining her adorable shoe collection. So I have found some rain boots on my favorite shoe website, endless.com. One brand I kept coming across is Kamik. I saw a pair of boots with a cute pattern in Nordstrom but I decided to see what else I could find.
I was on the fence about the raincoat and rain boot sets - you know the ones that have matching prints or are animal themes. They are cute but I wanted something a little more simple. I almost ordered bright yellow boots and a coat from LL Bean but changed my mind last minute because they didn't seem to match each other.

I decided to go with the Kamik Slosh and Kamik Willow 2 rain boots from endless.com ($29.95). Then was the decision about color. Since endless.com has the BEST return policy and they make it so easy to do, I ordered 3 pairs - pink (Slosh), black (Slosh), and a pink floral pattern (Willow 2). I ordered a size up so they can fit her through the fall. I'll see which ones are the cutest in person and keep those. I also ordered a pair for myself - Kamik Heidi rain boots in 2 colors and will also decide which one I like better when I see them.

Let your child splash around in the April showers but DON'T sacrifice a cute pair of shoes in the name of fun. Pick up a pair of rain boots, a cute rain coat, and if you really want to make their day, get them their own umbrella. You will have some great functional items and an excellent photo op!



No comments:

Post a Comment